After the first SWIMS collection..here comes the latest one just for the avant-garde ladies of the universe!
Like the other SWIMS products, the design is simple and beautiful in line with company's Scandanavian heritage. In addition, the design incorporates lots of great details both for practical and aesthetic reasons.
- Extra traction for slippery surfaces
- The sole of each CitySlipper has the map of either New York, Paris or Tokyo (see the last image below)
- Pull on/off grip and the soft siliconpad on the sides makes it very convenient.
- Flexible design to fit almost any heel height and thickness due to flexible material and construction
- Protection for the delicate leather/suede sole of your shoe and the tip of the shoe against the elements.
- Low-Cut style is for shoes with bows and buckles
The product will be available in Bon Marche store in Paris very soon.
The SWIMS Story by Johan R. (swims founder)
Growing up with four distinct seasons in Norway, I never let go of the black rubber galoshes that my late grandfather passed on to me. In 1999 they accompanied me to a milder, but still rainy Paris. Wearing Chuck Taylor’s Converse and galoshes, I got around the severe rainfall that autumn. Not surprisingly, my footwear became the subject of many jokes around the art school I attended. Later, while living in New York, I blended in with an image-conscius culture that defied slushy streets, freezing winds and pouring rain. Naturally, this resulted in a lot of discomfort and many ruined pairs of shoes. A few more Manhattan winters went by while I searched for the right product before I finally took matters in my own hands and decided to develop SWIMS - The Modern Galosh! A stylish solution, embodying the essence of practicality: Wear your favorite shoes, slip on SWIMS when the weather is rough, slip’em off when you arrive at your destination. Enhanced comfort is assured and your shoes are guaranteed to stay shiny. The SWIMS galosh is the product of my own experience, my appreciation of functional design, and my odd fascination with big city rain. Enjoy the weather!